TESEP PD Workshop: RocksExpo 2-PD – INTRODUCING OUR DYNAMIC PLANET @ NYNGAN
This PD is two for one!
- Rocks (and how to use the TESEP rock kit) plus
- Plate Tectonics
The RocksExpo experience includes–
1. Incursions – classroom lessons with students and teachers.
2. PD workshops – After-school professional development workshops for teachers (1- to 2-PD sessions @ $25 per attendee for visiting teachers, FREE to host-school teachers).
3. Certificate of attendance – A certificate of hours and workshop outcomes will be issued.
4. FREE rock kit – Host to receive a FREE rock kit and Plate Tectonics poster.
5. Introductory RocksExpo feature How to Use the Rock Kit and Teaching Pack (e.g. how to relate rock kit rocks to rock stories, 3D rendered samples, virtual thin sections and virtual outcrops).
6. Subsequent RocksExpo topics can be chosen from TESEP’s “The Challenging Earth” series (to be run once a year at host schools).
7. Excursions – possible local trip to field outcrops, mine sites, minerals museums etc.
Presenters: Phil Gilmore is a keen ore geologist and Malte Ebach is an experienced sedimentary basin geologist. Their work in several states gives them many rock stories and samples to share.
Location: Nyngan High School, 19 Cobar St, Nyngan
Meeting Room: Meeting Room: sign in at front office
Date: Thu 8 Dec 2022
3:30pm – 6:30pm Rocks & Rock Stories (& How to Use the TESEP Rock Kit 3D renders, virtual thin sections, Rock Stories, virtual fieldtrip exposures) & Plate Tectonics
Event Facilitator: Emma Wilson