The Australian Science Teachers Association collects and administers a range of personal information for the purposes of administering the business activities of the association and to keep member Science Teachers Associations (STA) and members of the STA up to date with the various services provided by ASTA ,which includes our publications, events and projects. The organisation is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information it collects, holds and administers.
The Australian Science Teachers Association is bound by laws which impose specific obligations when it comes to handling information. The organisation has adopted the following principles contained as minimum standards in relation to handling personal information.
The Australian Science Teachers Association will
- Collect only information which the organisation requires for its primary function;
- Ensure that stakeholders are informed as to why we collect the information and how we administer the information gathered;
- Use and disclose personal information only for our primary functions or a directly related purpose, or for another purpose with the person’s consent;
- Store personal information securely, protecting it from unauthorised access; and
- Provide stakeholders with access to their own information, and the right to seek its correction.
For any questions, please contact [email protected]