TESEP PD Primary Teacher Workshop: RocksExpo 2-PD – Introducing Our Dynamic Planet @ Lithgow
RocksExpo 2-PD Introducing Our Dynamic Planet: Rocks (Rock Kit Teaching Pack), Natural Hazards & Volcanoes
Rocks (Rock Kit Teaching Pack), Natural Hazards & Volcanoes PDs
The RocksExpo experience includes–
1. Incursions – classroom lessons with students and teachers.
2. PD workshops – professional development workshops for teachers (introducing teaching resources for the primary school classroom, FREE to primary school teachers).
3. Certificate of attendance – A certificate of hours and workshop outcomes will be issued.
4. Introductory RocksExpo feature How to Use the Rock Kit and Teaching Pack (e.g. how to relate rock kit rocks to rock stories, 3D rendered samples, virtual thin sections and virtual outcrops).
5. Subsequent RocksExpo topics can be chosen from TESEP’s “The Challenging Earth” series (to be run once a year at host schools).
6. Excursions – possible trip to field outcrops, mine sites, minerals museums etc.
Presenters: Phil Gilmore is a keen ore geologist and Kevin Lanigan is an experienced sedimentary basin geologist. Their work in several states gives them many rock stories and samples to share.
Location: Cooerwull Public School, 319 Main St, Lithgow Meeting Room: Infant Library
Thu 3 Nov 2022 – 3:30pm-6:00pm, PD for Primary School teachers (Lithgow)
Fri 4 Nov – 7:45am-9:30am– Fieldtrip (2 sessions) – rock stories of town outcrops with an experienced geologist, (with worksheets with Q&A for later use with students)
Sat 5 Nov – 9am-11am – Fieldtrip (2 sessions) – rock stories of town outcrops with an experienced geologist, (with worksheets with Q&A for later use with students)
Download the flyer and registration form here (PDF).